Follow the procedure below to perform a print head cleaning.
Perform a head cleaning when print quality if affected by missing nozzles.
Head cleaning consumes ink but is sometimes necessary to achieve a full nozzle check. After an ink cartridge is replaced, a print head cleaning will be automatically performed.
- Perform a head cleaning up to five (5) times in an attempt to clear missing
- Print and check for any changes in the nozzle check test pattern between each head
- Do not turn the printer off during print head cleaning. If the printer is turned off during a print head cleaning, start again by printing a nozzle check test
- Press the [ Menu] key.
- Press the [▲] or [▼] key to display [Print Features], then press the [OK] key
- Press the [▲] or [▼] key to display [ListTest Prnt], then press the [OK] key
- Press the [▲] or [▼] key to display [Head-cleaning], then press the [OK] key
- Press the [▲] or [▼] key to select a color, then press the [OK] key
To clean all the print heads, select [All Heads].
To clean the print head for cyan and black, select [Head 1].
To clean the print head for yellow and magenta, select [Head 2].
- Press the [OK] in the selection key.
Head cleaning starts.